Entering
the cave at dusk, quieting the senses, eyes closed, busy mind rests, thoughts dissolve,
only the birds and a light breeze, then not even that… Just being...
Until
finally… Shazam!
The
Third Eye opens and new sensibilities
emerge, bathed in the clarity of Here
and Now!
The
birds are more than birds… Their
flights primordial, the Souls of birds!
It’s
dusk now and the first fireflies emerge from wherever they came to randomly
test their surroundings and assert their fire-lightness: the first seekers… Or
are they the first revelators!?
Once
again I intermittently and randomly open and close my eyes as the orange dusk wanes
and the fireflies wax just outside and far beyond my apple tree-leaf canopy.
Suddenly
the gestalt shifts and I see what must be an LSD flashback or a miracle! For
some unmetered time I gasp in amazement and delight until I must account for such a happening:
As
the dark became darker (especially in the apple tree cave) the light escaping
through gaps in leaves wavering in wind and branches create a dynamic and
magical crystalline lattice of light against a foreground of scores of pulsating
firefly lights!
By
now I am listening to ancient Hindu music, tabla drums, and chants, sounds I
have heard many times over several years, very familiar… But not tonight…
Never
has this music sounded so. Somehow it is not even music… Somehow it is Alive, and I am there amongst a thousand others I can hear and see
and touch… I am raptured, it must be Shamballa, or maybe I have been absorbed
into Indra’s Net!!!
Ecstasy
I will never forget…

I love this so much.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, Stephen!
ReplyDelete