On
January 12, 2017 a personal friend, Jacob McNeal, told me he wanted to make a
comedic Vampyre movie and to cast me as a Priest. That’s all, no particulars
were discussed; a notion that might be fun and interesting, but most likely to
go nowhere. Still it was intriguing: what might a Priest conclude? So the
following day I wrote this outline:
I
have searched, scoured, and scourged this wide world for vampyres, and have
found many classical signs of their effect on people: inexplicable languor, lassitude
and listlessness; waning vitality; sapped will; mortification; insanity;
blood-letting; and more.
But
as to causes, I have found merely greed; tyranny; war; religion; institution; loneliness;
sorrow; and fear. The fear to be authentic, and simply the fear to be.
Such
is the state of man, born to a fallen world, destined to be liberated only
through awareness, detachment, grace, and death.
Amen
What
a surprise… This day’s lark conjured a profound statement that I would like to
take to my very own grave! And while I expect this short work will someday pass
with me, in the miraculous event that Jacob’s movie is someday produced, I
hereby grant him all rights to use the above words in whatever movie(s) he might produce.
Stephen
Rowe
January
13, 2017
No comments:
Post a Comment