Monday, December 7, 2015

Live My Life in the Sun

Don't want to die in Cyberspace
Going to live my life in the Sun
Where the Moon is more than a photograph
And not all the children smile

Where flowers smell
And people laugh
And sometimes even cry

Where people talk instead of text
And can even touch a tear




2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I often wish I could go completely off the grid. I'm already less caught in the cyber web than most people I know... the reality of people and of nature is so much more healing for our souls...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully expressed. Yes, we need to be where ALL our senses are stimulated, not just our sense of smell ('where flowers smell') or hearing ('and people cry'), but also our sense of touch, where breezes stir our hair and caress our skin. I recently watched a documentary about an isolated Amazonian tribe whose members walk barefooted through the forest. If I were to walk barefooted through woodland my feet would get scratched and torn to pieces. I wonder - have I ever walked barefooted ANYWHERE? On sand on a beach occasionally, yes, and how well I remember that feeling. But what about the feel of grass or mud or rocks? How much we miss by not feeling the earth under our souls or between our toes!

    ReplyDelete